Lashify gives us the ability to do our own lashes, easily and safely from the comfort of our homes, or anywhere else we like! Sahara created a new, innovative system, simple enough for anyone to use, yet sophisticated and robust enough for us to achieve salon-like quality lash looks and customize every lash map to suit our every mood, and every occasion.
With a new system comes a little bit of learning. We like to say that Lashify isn’t difficult, it’s just different. It’s a simple, intuitive system that is different from other lash systems. I’ve learned that in order to learn something new, you have to be willing to learn and be patient with yourself. It’s also good to be open to being bad at something before you get good at it!
It took me less than 10 minutes to put on my first full set of lashes when I first got my Control Kit. I watched as many tutorials as I could before my kit arrived, which helped tremendously! I was instantly hooked, and there was no looking back. Although I experienced a successful first application, I did, however, experience a little learning curve when it came to longevity.
For about two or three weeks, I was losing Gossamer® lashes in my sleep and finding them on my pillow in the morning. I didn’t let that bother me, though, I just kept practicing, watching tutorials, and tweaking my bonding method and placement. After a few applications, I realized that all I really needed to adjust was how long I was waiting between layers of bond, and moving my Gossamer lashes just a little bit further away from my wet line. I just had to “unlearn” some of my previous experience with other kinds of lashes.
Now that I understand how this system works, I am able to wear a set for as long as I like! I’ve been able to make even more small tweaks along the way to further improve my longevity and the look and feel of my lashes. I can also rely on different combinations of products to use for different situations - daily wear, swimming and workouts, allergy season, etc.
In the last 5+ years, the Lashify team has learned a lot about using the system from both personal experiences, as well as troubleshooting with thousands of customers.
Here are our Top 10 Tips for Beginners:
1. Take your time.
2. Prep your lashes with Pre-Cleanse, our lash prep. Wait until your lashes are completely dry, then begin your application.
3. Practice using your Fuse Control® Wand.
4. Apply thin coats of bond and allow each layer to get tacky, by waiting about 30-60 seconds before adding more bond or beginning your lash application.
5. Look down into a mirror during your application.
6. Place your Gossamer® lashes 1-2mm away from your water line for comfort, longevity, and to give your natural lashes space to move and breathe to keep them healthy and free from damage.
7. Leave out a few inner and outer corner natural lashes.
8. Fuse onto the spines of the Gossamer® lashes to secure them at their base.
9. If you are sealing your lashes, wait 20-30 min to allow your bond to dry, then apply just a light layer of Glass Sealer.
10. Wait 24 hours to shower.
Remember, Lashify was meant to be simple and fun! Take your time, don’t overthink it (your best application will be the one that you slap on in 4 min before you have to run out the door!), and enjoy the process!
Check out our Troubleshooting page to get specific tips, as well as personalized help from our Education team.
Join our community in the Lashify Life Facebook Group for the best tips from both the Lashify Team, and real people who are using Lashify every day!