How To Fix Inner Corner of Lashes
Whether you have natural lashes in the corner of your eyes that seem to have a mind of their own or you’re dealing with an eyelash extension that just won’t stay attached, corner lashes can be a serious issue.
The corners of the eyes are small, surrounded by extremely delicate skin, and home to lashes that are sparse and sometimes grow in directions other than up and out. The lash pros at Lashify® understand that an irritating eyelash situation can seriously ruin your otherwise amazing day.
We’ll explain how to tame your natural lashes and give you some pointers on what could be causing your eyelash extensions to lift. We’ll also give you the tea on how Lashify Gossamer® lashes use Underlash Technology™ to create a more secure and comfortable lash enhancement experience.
Those Little Corner Lashes
Your lashes may grow perfectly normally, extending out from their little follicles and curling slightly upward. Or, like most people, your eyelashes might grow up and outward in some places, straight in others, or even point downward or sideways.
Lashes that grow inward toward your eye or in odd directions can indicate an eye issue that needs attention. In rare cases, it can be a symptom of trichiasis, which causes the eyelashes to grow inward towards the eye instead of outward.
Most of the time, lashes that are angled in the wrong direction happen due to an eye infection or due to lash extension glues and/or mascaras that have been left on the lash too long and are causing it to become brittle.
If you’re experiencing issues with your natural corner lashes, make sure you’re removing your makeup every night. If you continue to experience problems, it’s best to see your eye doctor or dermatologist to make sure you don’t have an underlying eye condition that could be affecting your lashes.
Lash Extensions That Won’t Stay Attached
Another common issue with corner lashes is lash extensions and enhancements that don’t stay attached. Having issues with corner lash extensions is something seven out of 10 people will experience.
Why? The corner lashes are only about .03mm long, making it nearly impossible for a lash extension to properly adhere to these short, fine fibers. Sometimes, your lash tech may not even attempt adhering a lash extension to your corner lashes, but this can result in lash extensions that look uneven or like some are missing.
If you wear eyelash extensions that have been applied at a salon, it’s important to let your lash tech know that you’re experiencing an issue.
It’s not uncommon to have a lash extension attached to those little corner lashes only to have it lift after one day of wear. It’s not surprising to find them lifted when you wake up or after you get out of the shower. No worries, we’ll help you learn how to fix a lifted lash extension in a way that is safe and helps it stay in place.
How Do I Fix a Corner Lash Extension?
If your corner lash extensions are coming undone, we’ve got a quick solution. First, if you’ve had your lashes professionally applied, it’s best to head to the salon and ask for your lash pro to reattach the lash. If it’s a repeat problem, the extensions might not be placed correctly.
If you’re wearing Gossamer lashes from Lashify, it’s easy to quickly fix your lash.
Gently remove the Gossamer lash extension that has come loose. Use your Fuse Control Wand™ to lift it completely off your natural eyelash without disturbing the Gossamer lash extension next to it.
While holding the Gossamer lash extension with your Fuse Control Wand, gently tap the spine of the Gossamer lash to the edge of the spoolie in your favorite Bond (we recommend Bondage® for reattaching loose corner lash extensions).
This will give it just enough extra Bond to help it reattach.
Using your Blow Speed Dryer, blow the spine of your Gossamer lash extension to make the Bondage tacky. If you don’t have the Blow Speed Dryer, you can fan the Gossamer lash with a piece of folded paper.
Reattach the Gossamer lash extension to the underside of your natural lashes, overlapping it just slightly with the adjacent lash segment to disperse the weight of the lash on these tiny, natural lash hairs.
Fuse your Gossamer lash extension with the Fuse Control Wand to ensure it is affixed tightly to your natural lashes. That’s it! In less than a minute, you’ve successfully repaired your Lashify Gossamer lashes.
Tips for Making Your Lashes Stay on Longer
It’s common for lash extensions to come unattached sometimes, especially if you are new to wearing lash extensions. Once you master the application process, you’ll experience less lift and longer wear.
Start With the Right Extension
At Lashify, we developed our Gossamer lashes to look like salon-grade extensions, but we upgraded a few things we didn’t love about the salon process.
- First, the glue.Salon lash glue can contain formaldehyde-releasing compounds and cyanoacrylates. These can cause natural lashes to become brittle and break. The Lashify system uses Bonds that never fully cure, so your extensions bend and move with your natural lashes. Our Bonds also contain no formaldehyde or cyanoacrylates. Instead, they contain lash-nourishing biotin and lavender.
- Second, the extensions themselves. Applying a single extension fiber to the top of an individual eyelash is tedious work, and it also results in weight on the top of the natural lash. Our Gossamer lashes are made with several extensions attached to a single spine that distributes weight more evenly and is easier to apply. Additionally, Gossamer lashes are attached under the natural eyelash, making them feel weightless and look more natural.
When it came to the tricky problem of corner lashes, we built a special Gossamer lash to handle the task.
The Inner Corner Gossamer®
It makes little sense to try to attach a lengthy extension to a natural eyelash fiber that is less than 0.03mm in length. That’s why we created the Inner Corner Gossamer Lash. These extensions (available in 8mm and 10mm lengths) are ultra-fine, lightweight, and designed to attach to the delicate lashes in the inner corners of your eyes.
You can use them with any Lashify lash map simply by replacing the inner corner Gossamer style with the Inner Corner Gossamer lash. If you aren’t using Lashify yet, now’s your chance to get started. All it takes is a little control.
The Control Kit
The Control Kit™ is the easiest and most convenient way to get started with the Lashify DIY Lash Extension™ System. It comes with everything you need to avoid the salon, break up with strip lashes, and put an end to loose corner lash nightmares.
Each Control Kit comes with:
- Two sets of Gossamer lashes. With so many options to choose from, we recommend taking your time. Your first two sets of Gossamer lashes are the foundations of your lash wardrobe, and trust us; once you try them, you’ll be hooked. Once you outgrow the Control Kit storage, you can level up to the Double G-Unit Gossamer Storage Case.
- Fuse Control® Wand. The only tool you need to attach and fuse your Gossamer lashes. The Fuse Control Wand (and the smaller version, the Petit Curve Wand) are both ergonomically designed to help you attach Gossamer lashes easily.
- One set of Wandoms®. Lashify Bonds get tacky, which allows them to work, but using Wandoms keeps you from getting into a sticky situation. Wandoms cover the ends of your Fuse Control Wand to ensure your Gossamer lashes don’t stick to your Fuse Control Wand during application.
- Whisper Light Bond™. Our most popular and versatile bond, Whisper Light, never fully cures and helps nourish your natural lashes while keeping your Gossamer lash extensions in place.
- Glass Finishing Coat. Gossamer lashes are made to be worn for up to 10 days with proper care. You can even wear them overnight. If you want your Gossamer lashes to go the distance, we recommend coating them with Glass Finishing Coat. This clear sealant helps ensure your Bond is protected and your lashes are secure.
- Samples. We include two samples in every control kit. You’ll get a sample of Pre Cleanse to help you get your lashes ready and Melt Away remover to help easily slide them off when it’s time to remove them.
Everything comes in a hard case to keep your Gossamer lashes safe and your tools conveniently stashed.
You don’t want to experience lift-off with your lash extensions, and the easiest way to avoid them is by investing in lash extensions that are gentle on your natural lashes and designed to hold tight to those delicate corner lashes.
The Lashify Inner Corner Lash is the solution for getting length in the corners of your eyes without experiencing lift.