Are At-Home Lash Extensions Affordable?
Tired of giving your lash tech all your cash? Don’t do it. Lengthy, voluminous lashes are possible at home and at a fraction of the cost you’re spending getting those bi-monthly lash fills.
We’ll tell you what you need to know about at-home lash extensions, including how they stack up against salon lashes in price, quality, aesthetics, and ease. Get ready to break up with your eyelash artist.
Lashify® makes it possible for you to be your own lash tech.
Salon Lashes: A Quick Overview
Maybe you’ve never had eyelash extensions but are considering ways to get the lash enhancement you want.
Lash extensions seem like a viable option: they last longer than even the thickest, most durable coat of mascara and can range from natural-looking classic lash extensions to bold volume lash extensions. Best of all, you don’t have to apply them.
For all the benefits, salon lash extensions do have drawbacks.
- Cost. If you’re looking for affordable prices, eyelash extension services might not be the best option. Ranging in price from $150-$300 for your initial full set, you’ll also need fills every two to three weeks, which can cost between $75-$150. Remember that it’s also customary to tip your lash artist.
- Risk. There are risks involved with any type of eyelash enhancement. Still, when you get professional eyelash extensions, you’ll have to consider the risk of improper placement, eye infections, and injuries to your eyelid or cornea.
- Time. It will take your lash artist several hours to apply your initial set of new lashes. Each fill can take up to an hour or more, depending on how many additional lashes you need. Combine that with travel time to and from the salon, and you can block a considerable portion of your free time just getting your lashes done.
Of course, there are other methods to enhance your lashes, like a lash lift or eyelash tinting. These methods don’t add length or volume to your lashes, so if those are your goals, these might not be good solutions.
At-Home Lash Extensions: What’s Available
Cost, time, and risk may decrease the accessibility of salon lashes and have you considering DIY lash extensions, and that’s a really good decision. Unlike the strip lashes you might have tried a decade ago, at-home extensions have seen some serious upgrades and are now as high-quality and professional-looking as the extensions you’d get in a salon.
Classic Eyelash Extensions
The traditional eyelash extension method, this type of lash style involves adhering one single false eyelash to an individual natural lash. Classic lashes are thick and help increase the length of your lashes, but not necessarily the volume. They can also be trickier to apply at home.
Volume lashes, also known as Russian Doll or mega volume lashes, are applied at a ratio of 2+ to each of your lashes. These lashes give you added length plus additional volume.
These lashes weigh less than classic eyelash extensions, giving you that full, wispy look that is the perfect balance of glam and demure.
Possibly the most popular style of lashes available are hybrid lashes. This style combines classic lash extensions and volume lash extensions for an incredibly natural eyelash look. Varying eyelash lengths and textures give you a realistic look and make it virtually impossible to tell you’re wearing false lashes.
The Lashify DIY Lash Extension™ System, you’ll be able to get all of these styles in a format that is easy to apply, professional-looking, and affordable.
Let’s Talk Price
The first time you get lash extensions, the price can skyrocket to several hundred dollars. Touch-ups will also cost you, and you can spend about $150-$475 the first month you have your lashes and about $150-$250 each additional month. If you’re doing the math, that’s about $1,800-$3,225 per year on lashes.
Or, you could use Lashify, get great lashes, and save your money for other things, like a weekend getaway or some Louboutins. To get started with Lashify, you’ll need the Control Kit™, which gives you everything you need to do your lashes at home, including two pairs of our Gossamer® Lashes, which can be removed and reapplied numerous times. The best part is that it will cost you less than an initial set of salon lashes.
With salon lashes, you’re locked into one style for the duration you have your lashes. If you want different lashes for a special occasion, you’ll have to remove that set and pay for another full set to be reapplied. No thanks.
With Lashify, you can easily change up your style whenever you’d like. Our Gossamer Lashes are made to stay put for up to 10 days, but you can remove and reapply them to meet your own needs.
If it’s lash options you want, Lashify has you covered. We have dozens of different lash styles available in varying lengths, so you can create the lash looks you love or follow one of our lash maps to get a great look. Most of our Gossamer Lash refills cost about $20, making it easier for you to build a lash wardrobe that works for any occasion.
You don’t have to be an expert to be able to apply lashes like a pro. Lashify is the developer of the best eyelash extensions for at-home use because we engineered Underlash Technology™, which allows you to apply the lash extensions to the underside of your natural lashes. Our instructional videos make it easy to learn how to apply our Gossamer lashes.
Our Bonds help keep your natural lashes secure without using dangerous chemicals that could irritate your skin. Our Bonds contain nourishing biotin and Lavendula to help support the growth of your natural lashes.
Removing your Gossamer Lashes is easy. Our Melt Away Remover helps loosen your Gossamer lashes so they slide effortlessly off your natural lash line.
Lashify is easy, affordable, and the key to getting salon-looking lashes right in the comfort of your own home. You can start being your own lash tech with the Control Kit.
What Is In the Control Kit?
Want to create looks that inspire? Start with the Control Kit, and set yourself up for lash success. The Control Kit is your key to getting started with the Lashify system.
Each Control Kit comes with:
- Two sets of Gossamer lashes. You pick the styles you want. We suggest a look that works for your nine-to-five and another for weekends.
- Fuse Control® Wand. This tool replaces tweezers and makes it incredibly easy and comfortable to apply Gossamer lashes. This wand is shaped to hug the curves of your eyelid and is easy to hold for seamless application.
- Whisper Light Bond™. No residue, no clumping, just a feather-light Bond that doesn’t fully cure so that your Gossamer lashes bend with your natural lashes, preventing breakage and keeping your natural lashes safe.
- Glass Finishing Coat. To get the longest wear out of your Gossamer lashes, we recommend a Glass Finishing Coat. This coat seals your lashes and protects your Bond so that your lashes stay in place, even overnight, while you sleep.
- One pair of Wandom® Wand Covers. Avoid a sticky situation. Wandoms cover the ends of your Fuse Control Wand to ensure smooth application of your Gossamer lashes. Wandoms prevent Gossamers from sticking to the Fuse Control Wand so that your Bond can adhere fully to your natural lashes without any interference.
- Samples. You’ll get a sample of Pre Cleanse and Melt Away in each Control Kit. Pre Cleanse preps your lashes for Gossamer application and is also a great way to help keep your skin cleansed. Melt Away is a dual-phase, oil-based makeup remover that helps you easily slide your Gossamer lashes off of your natural lashes.
It all comes wrapped up in a hard case to protect your Gossamer lashes and a magnifying mirror to help with the application. It’s like a little gift to yourself and your savings account.
Affordable Lashes that Last
If you’ve tried at-home lash extensions before and weren’t impressed, you’ve got to try Lashify. Our system was built to give you the lash looks you want and love without spending your time and money at the salon.
Our system keeps your natural lashes safe while you wear Gossamer lashes and gives you more flexibility in terms of style. Say goodbye to your lash pro and DIY your lashes with Lashify.