Accent Lashes: The Secret to Effortless Glam in Minutes
One of the biggest complaints we hear from salon-lash devotees is that once they have a full set of lashes, they’re locked into that style for almost a month. That means if you pick full-volume, dramatic lashes, you’ll wear them to your day job and special occasions.
If you’re looking for more lash flexibility, you’ve come to the right place. It starts with Lashify®, the only DIY Lash Extension™ system that allows you to Be Your Own Lash Tech™ and break free from the endless cycle of salon lashes.
Lashify gives you control over your lash style and makes it possible for you to switch up your look anytime you want. One of the biggest benefits of using the Lashify system is that you can go as glam or lowkey as you’d like.
Accent lashes, for instance, take no time to apply, are incredibly comfortable, and deliver noticeable glam in minutes. They’re also great for first-time lash wearers.
We’ll tell you everything you need to know about accent lashes, including what they are, how to use them, and tips and tricks for application.
What Are Accent Lashes?
Before we dive into accent lashes, let’s talk about the different types of at-home lashes available so you have a solid frame of reference for the portion of lashes that accent lashes enhance.
- Full, strip lashes. These are the false eyelashes you’re probably most familiar with. These lashes are attached to a thin band that is adhered to your eyelid, just above your natural lash line.
- Individual lash extensions. These closely resemble salon lash extensions and are applied with adhesive glue to each eyelash. These are tedious to apply, and the glue can irritate sensitive eyes and cause natural lashes to become brittle.
- Lash Clusters. Lash clusters are like a hybrid between individual lash extensions and strip lashes. They consist of small clusters of lash fibers attached to a thin, short band. These are easier to apply than individual lash extensions but look more natural and feel more comfortable than strip lashes.
Accent lashes are small lashes specifically designed to add volume and length but in a decidedly more subtle way. You could consider them three-quarters-length lashes or even half-length lashes.
In addition, accent lashes aren’t usually applied to the entire lash line. Sometimes, they’re only applied to certain points, like the middle or the corners of your lash line.
How Do I Use Accent Lashes?
The great thing about accent lashes is that they’re perfect for people who consider themselves a bit “lash extension anxious.” If you’ve been afraid to try DIY lash extensions because you don’t think you’ll be able to do them, using accent lashes is an easy way to start.
Accent lashes are also a great option for people who want a little effortless glam without committing to a full set of lashes or creating high-impact drama with the fullest, fluffiest lashes available.
Let’s face it: sometimes you just want a glamorous but understated look. Accent lashes will get you there.
You can incorporate accent lashes into your look in a few different ways.
You want something more than mascara but less than a full set of C-curl volume lashes. You want accent lashes.
An accent lash lets you enhance your lashes more than your favorite mascara but without committing to additional length and volume that might not work for your everyday wear. To get the look, start with the right accent lash.
The Lashify Amplify Gossamer® collection is the perfect solution. Amplify Gossamer lashes are designed to mimic the curl of your natural lashes, enhancing them without becoming overpowering.
Amplify Gossamer lashes are available in six different lengths (Amplify Ombre lashes are available in five). The 10-12mm lengths are perfect for accent lash use. This simple Amplify lash map can help you get started and works best with just two different Amplify Gossamer lash lengths.
To Add Volume and Length to Corner Lashes
Almost everyone has problems getting those pesky corner lashes to cooperate, especially when it comes to lash extensions. The natural lashes in the extreme inner corner of your eye are the shortest and finest on your lash line.
Attaching an eyelash extension to them can be incredibly frustrating, but enhancing these corner lashes also creates an incredibly open-eyed look that is natural yet noticeable. Lashify developed the only lash extension cluster you’ll ever need for this tedious task.
The Inner Corner Gossamer was specifically designed to enhance the inner corners of your lash line without adding weight or too much length. Available in 8mm and 10mm lengths, these Gossamer lashes play well with any other Gossamer lash collection and are best applied in an overlapping fashion with the adjacent Gossamer lash to help distribute the weight evenly.
To Create Unique Looks
A pop of unexpected color can add subtle drama to your lash line. If you love the look of a colored lash but not the commitment, add a colored accent lash to the outer corner of your lashes.
It’s easy to do when you use the Amplify Ombre Gossamer Lash Collection. These lashes are available in nine different colors to give you a hint of color where you want it.
To use them, you can substitute your longest (outer lash) lengths with an Amplify Gossamer of the same length. For added drama, consider stacking them with darker-colored Amplify Gossamer lashes.
No matter how you decide to wear your accent lashes, you’ll end up with amazing lashes that are glamorous and classic. It’s easy to get started with accent lashes once you get started with Lashify.
Lash enhancement is a big decision, and if you find yourself a little lash-prehensive that’s understandable. We’ve all seen horror stories about lash extensions gone wrong, not to mention the sheer amount of time and money it takes to keep salon lashes looking healthy.
Lashify was developed to change the lash game for good and give you the ability to save your time and money for more important things. Although Lashify allows you to create salon-style lashes at home, our Gossamer lashes are different in many ways.
- Our Bonds. Unlike salon lash glue, our Bonds don’t contain any cyanoacrylates or formaldehyde. They do contain natural lash nourishing biotin and lavender to help support your natural lash growth.
- Gossamer lashes utilize Underlash Technology™, allowing them to be applied beneath your natural lashes. This makes application easy and allows your lashes to look natural and feel weightless.
- Lashify Gossamer lashes can be used and reused numerous times with proper care. One application can last up to ten days, but you can easily remove your Gossamer lashes and apply another set whenever you want.
Everything you need to become your own lash boss can be found in the Lashify Control Kit™.
The Control Kit is your full-stop for all the necessities. You’ll get:
- Two sets of Gossamer lashes. Choose from Bold, Amplify, or Curl Gossamer collections. For accent lashes, consider the Amplify collection.
- Fuse Control® Wand. Our ergonomically developed Fuse Control Wand makes application easy. We even created a slightly smaller version for smaller hands and faces.
- One set of Wandoms®. Our Bonds never fully cure, which means you never have to worry about brittle, breaking lashes. Because the Bonds stay tacky during application, Wandoms are necessary to prevent Gossamer lashes from attaching to your Fuse Control Wand.
- Whisper Light Bond™. All of our bonds are free from harsh chemicals and never fully cure so that your lashes don’t become brittle. Whisper Light Bond features Micro-Flex technology, which allows your Gossamer lashes to bend and flex with your natural lashes, preventing breakage.
- Glass Finishing Coat. You never have to use a sealer on your Gossamer lashes, but we recommend using one if you plan to wear your Gossamers long-term. Glass helps protect and seal the Bond that holds your Gossamer lashes in place.
- Samples. Although you can prep your lids and lash line with any oil-free, gentle cleanser, we include a sample of our Pre Cleanse Japanese Cleansing Water. This cleanser is powerful enough to remove dirt, oil, and makeup but gentle enough for even seriously sensitive skin. It also doubles as a face cleanser that tightens pores and provides mild exfoliation.
You’ll also get a sample of Melt Away, our dual-phase, oil-based makeup remover that helps you easily slide your Gossamer lashes off of your natural lashes when you’re ready to remove them.
It all comes in a convenient and protective hard case that makes it easy for you to get glamorous in just a few minutes per day.
Understated Glam Made Easy
You want lash enhancement but not the full commitment of a Russian doll fringe. We get it.
That’s why accent lashes are such a vital addition to your lash collection. Using accent lashes lets you get noticeably enhanced lashes without a lot of excess length and fullness. With Lashify, you can get the perfect amount of length and volume every time.