Pro Tips for Gorgeous 2-Week Lashes You Can Manage at Home
There’s one standing appointment you never miss: your lash fill sesh every three weeks. Even though it’s time-consuming, not to mention pricey, you’d rather not experience the look of sparse lashes if you don’t have to.
Even if you love how your lashes look, you can probably agree that having that time (and money) back would be great. One way to do it? DIY at-home lash extensions.
No, no, we aren’t talking about those strip lashes you tried as a teenager. These are upgraded, leveled-up lashes that look like the real thing but won’t have you sitting in a salon chair for hours or draining your vacation fund for fill after fill.
DIY at-home lash extensions can also last longer than you might expect. While strip lashes might only last a few hours, some brands of DIY lash extensions, like Lashify®, can last much longer.
We’ll tell you everything you need to know to get the most wear out of your DIY Lashes so you can break that standing appointment and get your time back.
How Does Lashify Work?
The Lashify DIY Lash Extension™ System works by giving the ability to get salon-like lashes at home. Lashify is easy to use, safe for your eyes and natural lashes, and gives you high-quality results you’ll love.
Our Gossamer® Lashes
Lashify Gossamer lashes are always cruelty-free. They are crafted from 100% Korean PBT Silk fibers that look and feel like mink lashes but with zero animal involvement.
Gossamer lashes are a hybrid style of cluster lashes. Each Gossamer contains about 20-30 individual lash fibers attached to a weightless spine.
The spines are applied to your natural lashes using Underlash Technology™, which allows you to easily place them and get the most natural, comfortable look available.
Unlike salon lash glue, our Bonds never contain any formaldehyde or cyanoacrylates, which could damage your natural lashes or irritate your skin and eyes. Instead, our Bonds work more like a lash serum.
We formulate them with biotin and lavender to help support the growth and health of your natural lashes, even when you are wearing your Gossamer lashes. Our Bonds also never fully cure. When lash glues cure, they cause the natural lashes to become brittle and weak.
This leads to breakage and explains why you might sometimes feel like you need a lash fill sooner than your scheduled appointment; too many of your natural lashes have fallen out, taking your lash extension with them.
Although salon lash extensions look great, they’re also a long-term commitment you might not be ready to make. Lash extensions lock you into one look for about a month, and switching to an entirely different style requires either multiple fill sessions and an awkward “transition” period or the complete removal and reapplication of an entire set.
Gossamer lashes are designed to let you change your mind. You can apply and remove Gossamer lashes as frequently as you’d like, and they’re reusable for months with proper care.
How To Make Lashify Lashes Last
Lashify Gossamer lashes are designed to give you the flexibility you want without any frustration. If you want to wear your Gossamer lashes for a night or for a week, you can do it.
The Lashify lash lifestyle gives you options. Here are our top tips to help your lashes last.
1. Try Frosting
The Frosting Technique is a different method of applying your Bond to increase the longevity of your application. Frosting makes sure all your lashes are coated with Bond but without any clumps or buildup.
To try it, you’ll need Whisper Light Bond™ Dual-Sided with Micro-Flex™. This bond features a black Bond on one side and a clear bond on the other side.
First, sweep Black Whisper Light through every lash with the spoolie. Make sure you coat each individual lash with your Bond. Make a second sweep if you didn’t get all your lashes the first time.
Allow the black Whisper Light to get tacky (about 30 seconds). Next, apply a thin line of Clear Whisper Light about 1-2 mm above your waterline underneath your natural lashes. Pull the clear bond upward through the natural lash using a clean, flat makeup brush.
Next, apply your Gossamer lashes and Fuse them as you normally would. If you want to watch a step-by-step tutorial for the Frosting Method, click here.
2. Try Bondage®
Into a little Bondage? We won’t judge. Bondage is an extra-strength Bond that helps your Gossamer lashes resist heat, bacteria, and excess moisture.
Designed with Chracoflex™, Bondage keeps your lashes in place without fully curing and keeps your lashes clean and hygienic.
3. Seal the Deal
You don’t have to seal your Gossamer lashes, but if you want to extend your current application, Glass Finishing Coat is a must. Glass helps seal your Bond, but it also helps reactivate older Bonds and ensure longevity.
Glass is also a great way to remove any residual stickiness from your Bonds and help you get a completely comfortable Gossamer experience.
4. Be Water Savvy
You shouldn’t expose your Gossamer lashes to water for about 48 hours after application. Obviously, you’re going to need to wash your face, so we developed a few helpful tools to ensure you can remove your makeup, cleanse your skin, and keep your Gossamer lashes dry.
- Lashisplash™. This specially designed visor helps keep your lashes dry while you’re in the shower, ensuring your freshly applied Gossamer lashes don’t get wet.
- Black Magic Cleansing Puff. It’s all the things you love about your favorite microfiber makeup remover but in a puff that’s easy to maneuver around your Gossamer lashes.
- Water Poof™ Sealer. Once you’ve passed those initial 48 hours, it’s safe for your lashes to be exposed to moisture. However, the less moisture exposure, the longer your Gossamer lashes will last. Water Poof Sealer helps remove stickiness and coats your lashes with a water-resistant sealant that helps ensure you get the longest wear possible.
Your Gossamer lashes will get wet, and if you start noticing that a corner is coming detached, follow this quick tutorial to get it back in place fast.
5. Make Sure Your Fuse Is Solid
Fusing is a technique developed by Lashify to ensure our Gossamer lashes adhere perfectly to your own natural lashes. While it’s easy to do, it does take a little practice.
If you’re having trouble getting your Gossamer lashes to fuse properly, this tutorial can help you address any problems you might be having and give you the best solutions for getting a good, solid fuse.
There are also different styles of fusing, and one may be more comfortable for you than another. The best fuse is the one that feels easiest to you and allows you to get your Gossamer lashes on comfortably and easily.
If you aren’t using the Lashify system, it’s time to start. All you need to begin is a little control.
Get Control: Day After Day After Day
The Lashify Control Kit™ gives you everything you need to get started with Lashify, and it all comes stored in a protective, hard case, so you never need to worry about misplacing a tool.
Each Control Kit comes with:
- Two sets of Gossamer lashes. Customize your kit by choosing from numerous lengths and colors in our Bold, Curl, and Amplify collections. Your Gossamer lashes can be used individually or mixed and matched to create new looks.
- Fuse Control® Wand. You’ll never go back to tweezers again. The Fuse Control Wand is easy to hold and comfortable against the curvature of your eyelid to make application a breeze. The Petit Curve Wand is best for smaller hands and faces.
- One set of Wandoms®. Don’t be a fool, wrap your tool! Wandoms are little coverlettes that protect your Fuse Control Wand from getting into a sticky situation with your Bond and Gossamer lashes.
- Whisper Light Bond™. Our dual-sided bond features Micro-Flex technology and helps you get a serious hold without causing your lashes to become brittle or weak.
- Glass Finishing Coat. The ultimate in long lash wear, Glass helps keep your Bonds and your Gossamer lashes in place.
- Samples. You’ll get a sample of both Pre-Cleanse and Melt Away in your Control Kit. Pre Cleanse is our Japanese Cleansing Water that helps remove dirt and oil from your natural lashes so that your Gossamers adhere perfectly. Melt Away is our dual-phase, oil-based makeup remover that allows you to easily remove your Gossamer lashes when you’re ready to take them off.
The Control Kit forms the foundation to get you started with the Lashify system, and your own creativity and personality help you keep creating lash looks you love.
Go Long Term With Lashify
Want lashes that last a night or go the distance? Either way, Lashify has you covered. We make it easy for you to change your lashes as frequently (or infrequently) as you want.