New Year, New Glam: Inspiring Makeup Looks To Welcome 2024
We don’t know about you, but we’re planners. We like to be ahead of the game, especially when it comes to future beauty trends. If you’re scouring your favorite beauty accounts for hints about what 2024 will bring for skincare and makeup, we’re with you.
The beauty editors at Lashify® have your back. We compiled this cheat sheet of makeup looks you’ll see once the calendar flips to January. If you want to be first among your friends to try them out, we suggest trying them on for your New Year’s Eve party.
Here’s everything you need to know about spring 2024 makeup trends.
What Makeup Looks Are Out of Style?
Before you break out the new trends, here are a few you can put to rest.
- Barbiecore. We love Barbie, and we love pink, but we all knew pink had an expiration date. We’re sad to see it go, but we’re leaving it behind in 2023. Instead, we’ll replace it with darker shades of the iconic color.
- Matte foundation. Glass skin, the Korean beauty trend that creates seriously dewy, hydrated skin looks, is replacing any semblance of matte foundation you might still be clinging to from the early 2000s. In fact, skin is the focus of makeup in 2024, with a serious “less is more” makeup aesthetic.
- Nude lips. Instead, we’re channeling the 90s with deeper neutral colors like brown but with updates like glossy finishes.
As with everything related to style and beauty, if you love something that’s going out of style, there’s almost always a way to update it and keep it current.
What Makeup Looks Are in This Year?
2024 is the year of visible, bright, dewy skin. If you thought a highlighter was all you needed, think again.
In 2024, makeup starts with skincare. The right skincare routine is the perfect foundation for building the dramatically dewey skin that will serve as the canvas for the rest of your makeup.
We recommend a cleanser that won’t strip your skin and leave it dehydrated. Since hydration is key, ensuring natural moisture levels can keep it looking healthy.
Lashify Pre Cleanse is a Japanese Cleansing Water that works as both a skin cleanser and toner. This gentle formula is strong enough to remove dirt and oil but also gentle enough to protect your skin barrier and prevent it from becoming dry.
With a solid foundation of hydrated skin, you can try out these makeup trends to bring in 2024 with style.
It’s the sequel to Barbie Pink. Red will be everywhere in 2024, from lips to nails to clothing. Red is bold and creates a dramatic dichotomy with translucent, dewy skin. Balance it out by keeping the rest of your look lower-key.
Lashes to match. Style red lips with lashes that are natural but noticeable. The Russian Doll Gossamer Set features a mid-length lash and a rounded shape that works for all types of eyes and balances your bold lip perfectly.
2. Soft Glam
The romantic feels are real, with delicate colors that embrace femininity and schoolgirl beauty. Think seriously flushed cheeks, stained lips, and lashes that are fluttery, wispy, and flirtatious. Bonus points if you decide to pencil on a beauty mark.
To get the look, choose a blush that matches your skin’s natural flush and lip colors that are about a shade darker than your natural tone (as if you’d bitten your lip). For lashes, the Doe Eye Gossamer® Bundle is our top pic.
The Doe Eye is a collection of Plus, Core, and Volume Gossamer lashes that give you an innocent, feminine look that only borders on seduction.
3. 90s Forever
Gen X and Elder Millennials, your time is now. If straight-leg jeans and crop tops weren’t enough to make you feel at home, welcome to the new wave of 90s makeup looks. The trends that raised you are back, from iconic browns to seriously glossy lips.
To update the styles, opt for blurred lip color with heavy gloss, and keep skin front and center. If you’re doing brown lips, opt for less (or no) shadow and instead play up your lashes. An easy way to
Although lashes were either minimal or grunge in the 90s, we recommend updating the look with the High-Class Wing Gossamer Set. This set is both wispy and dramatic and gives you an angled lash look that elongates the eye.
Yes, it’s a real thing. Oceanic-style makeup made its appearance in 2023 and isn’t going anywhere anytime soon.
The best way to perfect your mer-makeup? Focus on the eyes. You can go hard with multiple aquatic colors (think emerald green and sea blue) or focus on keeping the skin ethereal and dewy.
An easy way to embrace the look? Give your lashes the royal treatment with the Royal Ombre Gossamer Bundle. This lash set combines our popular Royal Kim Blue Prismatic Gossamer lashes and Stardust Chocolate lashes to give you a stacked look that is bold and otherworldly.
5. No-Makeup Makeup
It’s been a continual trend since 2020 (no surprise there), and with a few updates, it’s going to continue into 2024. The updated look focuses (you guessed it) on hydrated skin and perfectly placed highlights (cheekbones, the bridge of the nose, and the center of the eyelids) and perfectly pairs lashes that give you the look of winged eyeliner without the eyeliner.
Lashify I-Line™ Gossamer Lashes are our first pre-mapped set of Gossamer lashes that give you a perfectly angled look when applied. The look gives winged liner without ever sharpening a pencil or attempting to (finally) master liquid eyeliner.
The best way to jump on any of these trends? Fire your lash tech and become your own with the Lashify DIY Lash Extension™ system.
Lashify: The Lash of the Future
It’s 2024. Give your lash tech a friendly break-up text and build the lashes of your dreams right in your home. Lashify gives you the tools to get lash extensions that look professional without ever hitting the salon.
Unlike lash extensions, Lashify Gossamer® lashes are designed to be used and reused multiple times with proper care. They’re also hypoallergenic and made from 100% Korean PBT silk. Our Bonds don’t contain any cyanoacrylates or formaldehyde. Instead, they contain biotin and lavender to help support and nourish your natural lashes.
Gossamer lashes are applied using Underlash Technology™, which helps them protect your natural lashes and keep them feeling lightweight while you wear them. To get started, all you need is a little control.
The Control Kit: Your Access Card for 2024 Lashes
The Control Kit™ is the best way to get started with Lashify. It contains everything you need to create the lash looks you love in just minutes at home. Each Control Kit Contains:
- Two sets of Gossamer lashes. Choose from Curl, Amplify, or Bold as you begin building your lash wardrobe. You’ll get two sets of Gossamer lashes in your Control Kit, but you can add additional sets (like the ones we linked above) by clicking them into your cart.
- Fuse Control® Wand. We didn’t create the world’s best at-home lashes without giving you the world’s best tool to apply them. The Fuse Control Wand (and the smaller Petit Curve Wand) help you easily apply your Gossamer lashes without any struggle.
- One set of Wandoms®. Wandoms cover the tips of your Wand to protect them from attaching to your Gossamer lashes. Because Lashify Bonds never fully cure, they become tacky during application. This helps them adhere to your natural lashes without causing your natural lashes to break. Wandoms ensure you never have a sticky situation.
- Whisper Light Bond™. Our most popular Bond, Whisper Light features Micro-Flex technology that allows your Gossamer lashes to bend and move with your natural lashes. This prevents your natural lashes from becoming brittle and breaking.
- Glass Finishing Coat. The perfect finish for a new set of Gossamer lashes. Glass helps seal your Bond and supports the longevity of your lashes. Want to wear them for a full ten days? Grab your Glass and give them a coat.
- Samples. The ultimate try-before-you-by. We will give you a sample of Pre Cleanse and a sample of Melt Away. Melt Away is our dual-phase, oil-based makeup remover that helps you easily slide your Gossamer lashes off of your natural lashes when you’re ready to remove them.
All your tools come packed in a convenient, hard case that protects your Gossamer lashes and keeps everything in one place so you never have to guess the location of your lash tools.
New Year, New Lashes
This year, leave those trips to the lash salon behind. Get the only at-home lash extension system that gives you professional-looking lashes in a fraction of the time. Lashify is your go-to solution for salon-level lashes at home.