Tips and Tricks for Precision: DIY Eyelash Applicator Hacks
You have the best intentions for breaking your salon lash extension addiction this year. You make the call, cancel your future appointments, and invest in some DIY lashes to try at home. You watch the tutorials, prep your lashes, and get started.
Half an hour later, you’ve only got half an eye’s worth of lash extensions applied, and you’re becoming increasingly frustrated with inanimate objects like your tweezers. We understand. The team at Lashify™ has tried numerous types of enhancement techniques only to wind up in the same position: frustrated and gluey.
Easy application is one of the reasons Lashify was created. We developed a system that works easily, even for beginners. While no lash application is foolproof, the Lashify DIY Lash Extension™ System is easy enough that a beginner can apply a full set of lashes in about 20-30 minutes.
Follow along as we give you our top tips for applying Lashify Gossamer® lashes like a true professional.
5 Tips and Tricks for Applying Lashes Like a Pro
If you’ve never used the Lashify system before, that’s okay. Lashify gives you salon-like lashes without a lot of fuss, and it’s easy enough for even a true beginner to master.
Keep in mind that it will take about three applications before you feel completely comfortable applying and removing your Gossamer lashes. We recommend you give yourself about 30 minutes to apply your Gossamer lashes the first time.
A Side Note About Gossamer Lashes
Lashify works differently from any other at-home lash system you may have tried. Our Gossamer lashes are made from 100% Korean PBT silk and are always completely cruelty-free.
Gossamers are built differently, too. They resemble a cross between a strip lash and a cluster lash.
Each Gossamer contains numerous lash fibers attached to a featherlight spine. The spines are then attached beneath your natural lashes, close to your waterline. This helps keep your lashes feeling lightweight and makes lash application incredibly forgiving.
We also avoid glues with the Lashify system. Instead, we use Bonds. Our Bonds are free from cyanoacrylates and formaldehyde-releasing chemicals, which are traditionally found in lash glue. Our Bonds contain biotin and lavender to support your natural lash growth.
Our Bonds never fully cure, which means they become tacky upon application. Don’t worry; we’ve developed everything you need to make sure you get an easy, mess-free application every single time.
1. Use the Right Tool
For the Lashify system, the only tool for the job is the Fuse Control® Wand. Our ergonomically designed tool is built to make Gossamer lash application a breeze.
It naturally holds the curves of your eyelid and cheek and fits comfortably in your hand so you can apply your Gossamer lashes quickly and effortlessly. There are three different types to choose from.
- Fuse Control Wand. The OG of our Fuse Control Wands is the classic wand that works for practically everyone. It’s available in eight colors to inspire your most creative lash applications.
- Petit Curve Wand. If you have smaller hands or eyes, the Petit Curve Wand is for you. This Wand is slightly smaller than the original wand to help ensure the application is still as seamless on petite features. If you aren’t sure what size you need, try this helpful tool.
- The Birdie Wand™. Everything you love about the Fuse Control Wand but with a reduced curve and a wide grip made perfect for traveling.
Starting with the right wand is the biggest application hack we can offer.
2. Protect Your Tool
Don’t be a fool, protect your tool! Because Lashify Bonds never fully cure, they become tacky during application.
This tackiness is important for helping ensure your Gossamer lashes stay properly adhered to your natural lashes. Still, it also means that your Gossamers may accidentally stick to your Fuse Control Wand instead. The solution? Wandoms®.
Wandoms are tiny coverlets that protect the tips of your Fuse Control Wand and ensure your Gossamer lashes stick only where they’re supposed to. Wandoms also offer a layer of cushioning to your Fuse Control Wand; some users prefer to use the Wand alone.
3. Learn To Fuse Properly
There are several different ways you can fuse your Gossamer lashes to your natural lashes. We recommend the full fuse and the reverse fuse.
For tutorials and how-tos on both, click here.
To perform a full fuse, you’ll use the curved edge of your Fuse Control Wand angled against your eye as it naturally fits. In other words, the curve of your Wand will naturally hug the curve of your eyelid.
Using this angle, you can fully fuse all your Gossamer lashes at the same time by pressing the Fuse Control Wand together on your Gossamer lashes.
If you want to fuse one Gossamer at a time, or if you need to reattach a loose Gossamer, the reverse fuse is a solution. Using the backside of the Fuse Control Wand so that the curve of the wand is angled outward, gently press the Wand together on the individual Gossamer to fully fuse it to your natural lashes.
Don’t rush the fusing process. The longer you fuse your Gossamer lashes, the longer you fuse your Gossamer lashes, the stronger your fuse will be.
The best fuse to use is the one that feels the most comfortable to you. If you prefer to only use the reverse fuse, that is perfectly fine. If the full fuse feels more secure for you, you can fully fuse all your Gossamer lashes each and every time.
It goes without saying that you’ll get better at applying your Gossamer lashes with more practice, but we recommend starting out with practice before you even apply your first Gossamer lash.
To practice, get used to holding the Fuse Control Wand in your hand and practice the different fuse techniques to determine which one works best and feels most comfortable to you.
5. Don’t Give Up
Nothing happens perfectly the first time, and the beauty of the Lashify system is that you can remove and reapply your Gossamer lashes safely and easily, over and over again, without damaging them or your natural lashes. If at first your fuse doesn’t succeed, just try it again.
The easiest way to remove and reapply your Gossamer lashes is by using Melt Away, our dual-phase, oil-based makeup remover. Using a little Melt Away helps you easily slide your Gossamer lashes off of your natural lashes so you can prep them with Pre Cleanse, our Japanese Cleansing Water, and try a different fuse.
Trust us, you can do this! We’re here to help every step of the way. Before you get started, however, you’ll need that Fuse Control Wand, a set of Gossamers, and some Wandoms. You can find them all in the Lashify Control Kit™.
Application Made Easy
Everything you need to get started with Lashify can be found in the Control Kit. Each kit contains:
- Two sets of Gossamer lashes. Pick your favorite length, curl style, and color to fully customize your application and get a look that is perfect for your 9-to-5 or gives you a little extra glam for an event.
- Fuse Control® Wand. Make peace with your tweezers by grabbing the Wand that does it all. The Fuse Control Wand is the best way to apply Gossamer lashes. Pick from the standard Fuse Control and Petit Curve wands.
- One set of Wandoms®. Never do your lashes without them. Wandoms keep everything safe and mess-free while you’re applying your lashes.
- Whisper Light Bond™. One of our most popular Bonds, Whisper Light is available in clear and black and helps keep your Gossamer lashes firmly affixed to your natural lashes while still being safe for your natural lashes. Our Bonds are hypoallergenic, ophthalmologist tested, and safe for even super-sensitive eyes.
- Glass Finishing Coat. Looking to seal the deal? Add a coat of Glass to your Gossamer lashes to protect your Bond and get the longest possible wear from your application. Gossamer lashes can stay intact for up to 10 days with proper care.
- Samples. You’ll get a sample of both Pre Cleanse and Melt Away, the two products that help you prep and remove your Gossamers safely and effectively.
Everything you need comes in one easy, convenient, and hard case to keep your tools and Gossamer lashes safe.
Applying lashes at home just got a lot easier now that you know about the Lashify system. Learning to use the Fuse Control Wand is easy. With a little practice, you’ll be able to apply your own lash extensions at home like a true professional.